WHITE WINE & MISO MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 400gm medium grain brown rice
- 2L boiling water
- 1 cup organic vegan white wine
- 250g mixed mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Dice the onion and saute until translucent.
- Crush garlic, slice mushroom and add to onion.
- Cook until the mushrooms have softened and browned.
- Add the rice and stir until combined.
- Add the white wine and cook until completely evaporated.
- In a large bowl or jug add 2lt of boiling water and miso paste, stir to combine.
- Add 4 ladles of the miso stock mixture to the rice, stirring frequently until it has almost disappeared.
- Add another ladle of stock and continue until it has almost disappeared. Keep adding stock until the rice is almost cooked (soft chalky texture)
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and add peas.
- Mix vigorously to emulsify the rice.
- Enjoy with a glass of the leftover wine.
We recommend using: Indigo Organic Grape Growers Field Blend Wine
More recipes found in SIMPLY FRESH
Available for purchase at Coledale Fine Wines and poweredbyvegies.com.au
Error: API requests are being delayed. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.