WHITE WINE & MISO MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 400gm medium grain brown rice
- 2L boiling water
- 1 cup organic vegan white wine
- 250g mixed mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Dice the onion and saute until translucent.
- Crush garlic, slice mushroom and add to onion.
- Cook until the mushrooms have softened and browned.
- Add the rice and stir until combined.
- Add the white wine and cook until completely evaporated.
- In a large bowl or jug add 2lt of boiling water and miso paste, stir to combine.
- Add 4 ladles of the miso stock mixture to the rice, stirring frequently until it has almost disappeared.
- Add another ladle of stock and continue until it has almost disappeared. Keep adding stock until the rice is almost cooked (soft chalky texture)
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and add peas.
- Mix vigorously to emulsify the rice.
- Enjoy with a glass of the leftover wine.
We recommend using: Indigo Organic Grape Growers Field Blend Wine
More recipes found in SIMPLY FRESH
Available for purchase at Coledale Fine Wines and poweredbyvegies.com.au